Here are some useful canal related links, please feel free to add your site here (use edit tab at the top of the page), we just ask that you add a return link back to us.
- Request Official Canal Information - Get free information from the New York State Canal Corporation.
General Canal Links
- The Official New York State Canal Corporation Website - Title says it all!
- Parks & Trails New York website - Non-profit group that promotes completion of the Canalway Trail; also leads annual bike tour of the trail and publishes a guide to the trail.
- The Travels of Tug 44 - Captain Fred Wehner shares photos (with captions) of his journeys across New York aboard Tug 44.
- ErieCanal.org - Provides historic information about the Old Erie Canal.
- Erie Canal Museum - Free museum located in an old weighlock building of the Old Erie Canal (Located in Syracuse).
- Canals.com - Canal Boating in the U.K. and Europe (and some North America info).
- Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor - Works to preserve, promote, and interpret the 524-mile long Corridor for all to use and enjoy.
- Cruise the Erie Canal - Wallace Gouk's Cruising the Erie Canal.
- Bella Luna (2008) - They travel from the Hudson to Lake Champlain on the Champlain Canal.
- Apolonia Cruise (2008) - Cruising in luxury from Waterford to Lake Ontario.
- BlueJacket (2008) - Sailing mast-less up up the Hudson to Oswego and Beyond.
- Kopasetic Ship's Blog (2004-6) - Captain Ben Kopf details his journeys aboard Kopasetic that covers the Cayuaga-Seneca Canal and portions of the Western Erie Canal.
- Jeff Knakal's Erie Canal Trip (2003) - Rowing the entire Erie Canal in a rowing shell.
- David Guenther's Canal Related Site (2001) - Detailed, but a bit outdated, of David's journeys on the Erie Canal.
- Manthey's Champlain Canal and Lake Cruise (2001) - Waterford to the north end of Lake Champlain in a canoe!
- Manthey's Erie Canal Cruise (2000) - Troy to Lake Ontario in a canoe!
Canal Cruises and Boat Rentals
- American Canadian Caribbean Line, Inc., P.O. Box 368, Warren, RI 02885, (800) 556-7450
- Amherst Marine Center Inc., 1900 Campbell Blvd., Amherst, NY 14228, (716) 691-6707
- Canal Princess Charters, P.O. Box 421, Tonawanda, NY 14151, (716) 693-2752
- Canalside Experiences, 706 Waterloo-Geneva Road, Waterloo, NY 13165, (315) 651-4443
- Classic Cruiser Charters, 261 Brighton Road, Worcester, NY 12197-9706, (607) 397-9344
- Cruise - USA, 406 Mc Namee Ave, Ocean Springs, MS 39564, (228) 424-3768
- Erie Canal Cruise Lines, P.O. Box 285, Cape Vincent, NY 13618, (800) 962-1771
- Erie-Champlain Canal Boating Company, 1 Tugboat Alley, Waterford, NY 12188, (518) 577- 6363
- Force Seven Charters, Inc., PO Box 26593, Rochester, NY 14626-0593, (585) 349-7399
- Low Bridge Charters, P.O. Box 7, Waterloo, NY 13165, (315) 539-8034
- Mid-Lakes Navigation Co., Ltd., P.O. Box 61, 11 Jordan St., Skaneateles, NY 13152, (315) 685-8500